VMLY&R is all about putting everything you are into everything you do. We're a full-service advertising agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection.
VMLY&R is looking for a savvy, dynamic HR Director to join our team. As an integral member of VMLY&R, your day-to-day activities will look something like this:
- Provide a full spectrum of HR business partner responsibilities across multiple operating groups.
- Partner closely with COO, Executive Director, Human Resources and agency leadership in growing a dynamic performance culture.
- Help create and drive strategies and atmosphere that support VMLY&R's ability to deliver a "best places to work" culture.
- Design, develop and implement ways of retaining and motivating employees.
- Act as an advisor to office and agency leadership.
- Potential to oversee a group of HR professionals in the VMLY&R New York office.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Able to balance entrepreneurial and creative culture and a larger, established company.
- Able to multitask and go with the flow—flexibility and adaptability is key.
- Organized, proactive, detail-oriented with exceptional follow through skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with a wide variety of personalities under varied circumstances.
- Positive attitude combined with a strong work ethic and bias for action.
- Ability to perform well within a larger, dispersed team.
- Ability to bring creative solutions to employee issues.
- Proven track record within multiple HR disciplines: employee relations, training and development, performance management, benefits and recruiting.
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office (Excel must be your friend).
- SAP HRIS experience a plus.
- Seven to 10 years of progressively responsible HR experience, with at least three at the senior manager/director level. Strong generalist background, including benefits knowledge. Bachelor's degree in business, HR or a related field or the equivalent combination of experience and education is required. HR certification and/or master's degree in HR or related field a plus.
- Experience working in an advertising agency, new media, high-tech or professional services field is preferred; experience and high comfort level with a fast-paced, high- volume work environment is a must.
- Solid understanding of employment law
- Deep knowledge of best practices from past employers, professional networks and continuing education. Strong preference for past experience with a best-in-class employer with strong, innovative HR practices and vibrant culture.