Hospital Director of Strategic Initiatives / Business Development
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 25 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation facilities currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Director of Strategic Initiatives is responsible for:
- Referral development efforts of the Physician Liaisons and Clinical Navigators
- Oversight of the admission process through direct supervision of the Admissions Manager
- Supervision and training for facility-based staff who have marketing, case finding, and relationship management responsibilities Implementing system and market-specific initiatives to support and achieve organizational goals
- Monitoring daily, weekly, monthly and year-to-date trends (referral patterns from physicians, facilities and acute care discharge planners); staying abreast of market competition and adjusting case-finding strategies to maximize staff resources and facilitate patient admissions; providing monthly updates and communicates regularly with management to ensure strategies align with system goals
- Conducting needs assessment surveys with key stakeholders (community, patients, families, physicians, and referral sources) to identify service needs and opportunities for program development; document feedback on Upshot
- Developing and coordinating initial and ongoing sales training for Clinical Navigators and Physician Liaisons to effectively transfer learning objectives and ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction with referral sources
- Conducting bi-weekly marketing meetings with Clinical Navigators and Physician Liaisons to ascertain market trends and evaluate key initiatives
- Directing facility marketing initiatives and referral finding strategies; work collaboratively with Admissions to facilitate the referral process; assist in providing options to referral sources for all denials; assure all processes are followed according to plan and reports are filed in a timely manner
- Providing regular and timely information about the hospitals' services to referral sources and the community through in-person visits, presentations, tours, conferences and health screenings
- Responding to and coordinating Clinical Navigators' requests for in-service presentations to key referral or community groups and involving facility staff in making presentations in their areas of expertise
- Ensuring that staff responds to inquiries made directly to the facility in a courteous and timely manner and facilitating follow-up by the appropriate Clinical Navigator
- Coordinating facility-based in-services and events for referral source and community groups within time frames outlined in the marketing plan in a professional and courteous manner
The Director of Strategic Initiatives must:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; equivalent experience and clinical training may be substituted
- Have a minimum of five years progressive experience with a proven track record in healthcare sales/marketing
- Previous management experience is preferred