The System Director of Clinical Engineering provides leadership to the MHS Clinical Engineering and Imaging Equipment Services Department. Will oversee operations of enterprise wide clinical engineering, deployment, maintenance and projects reporting directly to the VP of Healthcare Technology Management (HTM)
- Knowledge of the engineering and application of key clinical technologies such as CT scanners, MRI's, ultrasound and others used in healthcare diagnosis and treatment. Responsible for strategic and tactical discussions with subject matter experts regarding their use, physical and operational characteristics, strategic value, acquisition and operating costs.
- High level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in problem solving and implementing new programs related to increasing departmental organizational operating efficiency.
- Participates in the sales survey process with ABM Healthcare Sales team.
- Ensures existing accounts within areas of responsibility are in compliance with ABM Healthcare policies, procedures, programs and contractual agreements.
- Promotes process improvement and best practices at the facilities and shares them with the Division and company with the ABM Healthcare Support available tools.
- Ensures that accounts are compliant with standardized ABM Healthcare Support approved chemicals, supplies, equipment, and etc.
- Ensures that the system facilities are meeting their fiscal responsibilities and operating with established budgetary guidelines.
- Creates, distributes and maintains all necessary reports and documentation concerning the regional activities. Submits reports consistently accurate and on time.
- Develops/coaches the management teams within the system to ensure their highest potential is reached.
- Participates with HR/Recruiting to obtain qualified personnel for open and potential open positions. Interviews management candidates and is active in the selection process
- Maintains a high level of communication with all relative departments and individuals.
- Has knowledge of and is up to date on all ABM Healthcare policies, procedures and programs and provides constant monitoring and training of directors within the system to ensure they are kept current and compliant.
- Looks actively for new business leads or attempts to horizontally sell ABM Healthcare Support's other services at their facilities.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of new or modified operational programs to improve the overall quality and service provided to our clients/customers.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with all ABM Healthcare divisions, regions and departments. Treats everyone courteously and with respect.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- The position is expected to exhibit maturity and competence with a minimum of direction and demonstrates the ability to lead and develop subordinates.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Participates in scheduled department meetings.
- Completes annual industry specific competencies.
- Remains compliant with mandatory Hospital Education.
- Insures immunization requirements are fulfilled, TB,, Flu, Immunization, and other Employee Health Requirements.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Clinical, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering Technology(or related technical field).
- Masters Degree in Clinical, Biomedical Engineering Technology, or MBA.(related technical fields will be considered)
- Possesses a minimum of ten years of professional experience in the field of clinical engineering in an acute care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of The Joint Commission, local, state, federal codes, industry standards in the medical equipment and CE fields is required.
- Proficient with computer-based automated asset management systems.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.