This position plays a key role in executing our strategies with responsibility for sourcing direct parts in assigned categories, utilizing the global leverage of Terex ensuring that Terex globally and regionally achieves best value in cost, quality, reliability, service, and support. This role will also co-ordinate cross functional relationships, including product development/engineering, materials management, local purchasing, operations, finance and aftermarket.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for generating cost optimization and cost control for the assigned category and developing and executing sourcing strategies in line with the Parts & Services Strategy.
- Utilizes Terex's Strategic Sourcing process to reduce total cost of ownership and increase overall value.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional and cross-segment wave teams.
- Manages relationships with key suppliers and negotiates company-wide contracts.
- Interfaces and acts as the liaison between the Terex Parts businesses and the suppliers.
- Drives continuous improvement and business simplification efforts.
- Maintains conduct consistent with company policy, operating procedures, accepted practices and applicable laws.
- University degree with focus on procurement, supply chain, engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years' work experience in Global manufacturing industry while dealing with Global supply base
- Strong procurement and strategic sourcing background with focus on direct materials, ideally broad range of highly engineered categories like – Hydraulics, Powertrain, Mechanical
- Experience in Spare Parts Aftermarket Sourcing is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and able to work with little guidance
- Excellent project management skills and used to work in global, cross-functional teams
- Proven supplier management and negotiation skills; able to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all involved parties
- Technical savvy and able to read technical drawings, specifications and applications
- Strong problem solving aptitude and excellent analytical skills plus high proficiency in MS Office products
- Strong communication and listening skills