BridgeStreet.com is the first technology platform built specifically for business travel. With properties in more than 22,600 cities in over 130 countries and growing, BridgeStreet is the travel technology leader in the Extended-Stay sector. BridgeStreet's innovative product line, Six Ways to Stay, connects a global marketplace of millions of extended stay hotels, serviced apartments, brand hotels, furnished homes, vacation rentals, and design-led hostiles. In addition to providing built-in demand for operators from BridgeStreets 5000+ client portfolio and 100+ global sales team, BridgeStreet is globally recognized for unparalleled, award-winning, quality service, compliance and security bringing together a seamless, trusted, business travel technology solution.
- Support business leaders throughout the organization by providing financial information for them to be effective in their roles
- Direct the organization's accounting operations and improve accounting processes by adopting best practices for this dynamic global business
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports in accordance with GAAP for all corporate and country operations. Manage and direct accurate and timely closing cycles of financial systems.
- Report on the company's financial performance by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data and statistical metrics including monthly consolidated and department level financial reports and trends
- Develop and lead an accounting team and organization capable of scaling with growth
- Research and determine technical accounting treatment, implement appropriate accounting policies to support treatment, especially regarding revenue recognition
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of the internal control environment, including correction of deficiencies and implementation of suggested improvements. Maintain effective checks and controls over financial functions
- Manage external audits and insure their timely completion; manage necessary tax preparation. Maintain compliance with in-country statutory, governance and tax reporting requirements (sales, income, etc.)
- Maintain and identify improvements for the accounting system and business processes with a goal towards optimization, automation and efficiency. Lead system upgrades and new system implementations
- Develop and maintain a well-documented system of accounting policies and procedures
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- 20 years of accounting experience, 5+ years as a corporate controller
- Deep experience with global accounting operations, reporting and tax
- Expertise in a variety of industries including service platforms and technology
- In-depth understanding of both US and international accounting principles
- Systems implementation and optimization experience
- Maturity and integrity in dealing with challenging situations in a fast paced business
- Disciplined, demanding and mature
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Acts as a role model within the Accounting Team, and to the BridgeStreet Team as a whole
- Demonstrates passion, approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way, with a sense of urgency
- Brings customer service orientation and attitude to internal and external customers
- Results-focused, understands what is important to the organization, other BridgeStreet Teammates and clients - is committed to achieving goals.
- Self-motivated and self-aware, recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development
- Has a sense of fun and creates a sense of community within the finance team
- This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The role may evolve and more responsibilities would be added to the current job description or delegated as and when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer AA/ W/M/IWD/PV. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.