The Global Account Manager position is the focal point within TTM for developing a strong, strategic business partnership with targeted Global Accounts. The Global Account Manager is responsible for managing the development, implementation and execution of a Global Business Plan that ensures the successful achievement of TTM's financial and growth objectives at the assigned Global Account.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and execute a comprehensive Business Plan for the account and communicate it to all applicable TTM personnel.
- Create a long-term strategy for account development.
- Identify competitive suppliers, assess their strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop competitive strategy for TTM's product portfolio.
- Develop TAM analysis of account for PCB and EMS business.
- Identify customer's global sourcing goals, near and long term strategies, challenges and key influencers/ decision makers.
- Achieve or exceed the budgeted sales and margins for assigned account.
- Identify specific customer needs vs. TTM current capabilities/resources. Communicate existing or future resource deficiencies. Work with management to ensure resource enhancements are in place to optimize success.
- Align TTM technology resources with current and future needs of the account.
- Develop multi-level relationships with the customer (including applicable ODM's and CEM's) that support the overall account penetration strategy.
- Develop a dynamic account profile documented and maintained in CRM.
- Prospect and qualify new programs and new product opportunities. Communicate the requirements to the appropriate TTM organizations.
- Monitor KPI's and customer perceptions. Drive improvement initiatives.
- Lead contract review and negotiation activities.
- Manage forecast process for total Global Account.
- Facilitate access for local account managers to local decision makers.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Develop, communicate, implement and manage Strategic Business Plans.
- Conduct regular monthly meetings with Global team insuring goals and objectives are being met.
- Lead business teams and manage escalation with limited direct supervision.
- Own annual budget and monthly forecast process for Global Account.
- Establish KPI's for the Global account with specific, measurable metrics.
- Communicate effectively and proactively internally as well as at the customer.
- In depth knowledge of Global Account = People, competitors, strategies, technology, programs, products.
- Champion for account = promote, build enthusiasm, strong "team" leader.
- Focuses on Performance to Budget = Revenue and Margins. (Clearly understands TTM's financial objectives and communicates goals to all Global Account team members.)
- Drives alignment of appropriate resource allocation to opportunities. (Tenacity is a key trait of our most successful GAMs.)
Education and Experience:
- Fifteen years sales experience, five of which have been in a global sales position.
- Experience within the printed circuit board and / or EMS industry.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to travel 50% + of the time including international travel.
- B.A. or B.S. degree.