Wilson Elser's NYC office is currently seeking Attorneys to join our Complex Tort & General Casualty group.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced attorneys with construction defect, or general liability defense experience seeking to expand their careers and take on increased responsibility for a fast-paced team.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with more than 800 attorneys, across 37 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York
- 3-7 years of defense litigation experience
- Experience with construction (NYS Labor Law 200, 240, 241) matters, insurance defense, general liability, and or auto/transportation liability
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage a caseload independently and responsibly
- Legal project management experience is helpful
- Independently manage a caseload involving insurance defense, general liability, auto/transportation liability, or construction (NYS Labor Law)
- Work closely with other attorneys, team members, and Partners on legal projects
- Regularly handle court appearances and depositions
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports