Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Electronics innovative electronic materials respond to increasingly challenging customer demands for improved mobility, connectivity, computing power and energy consumption. We offer ultra pure carrier gases, a wide range of specialty gases and advanced precursor molecules, enabling equipment for safe distribution, purification and on-line purity control. On site, manufacturers rely on our expertise in providing full management of these gases, advanced molecules and equipment and in helping to continuously improve production processes.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Provide Operations Support to Plant Technicians
- Operate the facility in compliance with all governmental regulations and Air Liquide policies
- Work to achieve "Zero Accidents" by taking a strong leadership role in safety
- Meet or exceed company safety standards; maintain Life Critical system
- Strictly adhere to Management of Change procedure
- Maintain all necessary licenses/permits; meet 100% environmental compliance
- Report and investigate all incidents; ensure corrective actions are completed and drive continuous improvement
- Actively Manage Staff and Foster teamwork across the complex
- Lead by example and Effectively Communicate to Plant Personnel and Support Groups
- Consistently achieve availability and reliability targets for the plant
- Identify and drive efficiency improvements in operational and organizational systems
- Maintain extensive housekeeping standards to exemplify/improve company image
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce costs within delegated authorization
- Develop and manage plant budgets to meet financial targets for the business and plant
- Ensure that performance evaluations, hiring, and promotions are performed and free of discrimination of any kind
- Insist on adherence to administrative and operational policies and procedures
- Ability to work extended hours and support plant on nights, and weekends as business needs dictate
Provide Technical Support to the Plant Operations
- Assist Plant Managers in the resolution of technical and operational issues.
- Support the Plants and the Reliability Centers in the planning and execution of major TAR and repairs.
- Participate in the creation, updates and reviews of PHAs, P&IDs, MOCs and SOPs.
- Provide technical assistance to Sales Managers when answering to new or changing customer requirements.
- Manage minor projects (upgrades and retrofits as well as plant improvements and expansions) at existing locations.
- Populate the Primary Production Capital Planning (PPCP) database and make recommendations as to the best use of the available funding.
- Generate Authorization for Capital Expenditure (ACE) requests and follow-up on the approval process.
Foster Positive Customer Relationships (Internal and External)
- Ensure delivery of the quality and quantity of product required by the business.
- Partner with the Reliability Team to execute predictive,preventive,and planned maintenance to eliminate failures and unplanned maintenance.
- Set and maintain immense housekeeping standards to exemplify and improve the Air Liquide 5S image.
- Keeps plant hazard analysis (ARA & FMEA) current and display a thorough knowledge of possible hazards and associated safeguards. Compliance with EIS requirements.
- Understand and apply the elements of Process Safety and ensure all PSM requirements are met.
- Maintain compliance with IMS requirements including current GTs and keeping EIS plans/PMs current
- Maintain Responsible Care certification as required
- Ensure compliance with PM and PSM/RMP requirements.
- Ensure maintenance work is planned, scheduled, and completed effectively and efficiently.Approve all critical work permits (hot work, confined space, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of applicable experience in production management and plant engineering in industrial gas or chemical processes
- 5+ years of relevant management experience (large plant population)
- Demonstrate commitment to Safety, Health and Environment
- Demonstrate capability to lead diverse teams, drive operational excellence and achieve positive results
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants, including Process Safety Management, OSHA regulations, EPA regulations, EEOC guidelines, state and local requirements
- Technical and working understanding of air separation, cogeneration, and water treatment processes
- Ability to use common office software; ability to learn Air Liquide software systems
- Outstanding organizational skills and effective time management strategies
- Ability to read and red-line key operating documents
- Display mechanical and electrical aptitude; ability to troubleshoot production problems