At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their business and the software that powers it. With our SaaS-based products, we have our customers' backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem.
The Data Exploration team's work augments our more curated products by giving advanced users the power to mine data for custom analysis and visualization. Simply put, we break down barriers to making good and fast decisions.
What You'll Do
- We are extremely collaborative and enjoy having diverse viewpoints on software architecture, development, quality and reliability.
- This is how we deliver a world-class user experience with our product, delight our customers and ship high-quality software quickly and iteratively. We own our product, from concept to operations.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can help strengthen our team with their passion for building outstanding software solutions that are appreciative to customer problems while being pragmatic about business value.
- Strong in writing scalable, robust and user-centric services (We are not tied to any specific language but traditionally, we have had Ruby on Rails competency on our team. We also have some Elixir expertise)
- Experience in open source metrics is highly desirable (for example, https://prometheus.io/)
- Experience or education in Data Presentation Architecture/Data analytics with a background in machine learning algorithms, techniques, frameworks and best practices is also highly desirable
- Experience with supporting the products you build 24/7 with DevOps practices
- Has the attitude and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Has a keen eye for quality. Writes unit tests for all their code and considers what type of automated testing is appropriate. Ponders about questions related to reliability and scalability.
- Takes on team responsibilities, so things don't "fall through the cracks"
- Can work across teams efficiently
- Thinks about best practices about any number of things (for example, we have a team member who introduced us to mob programming, another team member who came to us from a Support function and has proved to be a valuable voice of the customer); Is excited about industry best practices for building responsive front-end applications with complex, real-time interactions; Is excited about building well-designed APIs.
- Takes pride in pushing the boundaries of what the team can achieve
- Is excited about collaborating with product managers, product designers and technical support engineers
- Understands the value of having clear and updated documentation and has experience maintaining documentation for internal and external customers.
How to apply
Please submit your resume on this page. In your cover letter, tell us what interested you the most about this opening. If you have built or written things you'd like to share with us, we would be delighted to read them.
Please note this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry's largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world's best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We're proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.