As a Full-stack SDE on our Computational Marketing team, you will be responsible for understanding customer behavior and interaction with search engines and translating that into actionable insights that can impact real-time revenue and our user experience. The team has a real passion for business and impact, a dream to go into new territory with bold new ideas, and a willingness to go the last mile on execution.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
- You will work as a full-stack engineer to design and develop scalable frontend and backend services, software and tools to discover and serve the right information to search engines and to our customers coming from search engines.
- You will work with numerous engineering teams spanning across Groupon to explore new ideas to optimize the content for search engines.
- You will directly contribute and influence how we structure the entire Groupon website to evolve the site structure at a macro level
- You will work with product and business teams to identify questions and issues to look for a creative engineering solution to brand new problems.
Our development ecosystem:
- Systems: Node.js, Backbone, React, Redux, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Restful API
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Hive
We're excited about you if you have:
- BS Computer Science
- At least 3 years' experience of production coding experience in a large scale distributed platform
- Experience with building high scalable backend services
- Strong proficiency in Java or Python programming languages
- Familiarity with Data Structures, Algorithms, and general Computer Science Fundamentals
- You are a creative problem solver who identifies problems unilaterally and recommends effective plans of action
- A big plus if you have experience working with SEO is a plus
- A big plus if you have MS Computer Science
We value engineers who are:
- Customer-focused - We believe that doing what's right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality - Your Production code just works & scales linearly
- Team players - You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners - We are willing to disrupt our existing business to try new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and approaches and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic - We do things quickly to learn and experiment what our customers desire. You know when it's appropriate to take shortcuts that don't sacrifice quality or maintainability.