A manager responsible for leading staff members of the Crawford Forensic Accounting Services team. Ideally need to be a qualified CPA or CFE seeking progression and having gained staff management experience. Will coordinate with leadership to execute plans for forensic accounting projects. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task and pick up on complex calculations efficiently. Organizational skills including great work paper techniques and excellent written communication skills are a must.
- Manages and supervises Crawford Forensic Accounting Services (CFAS) teams with accounting projects in conjunction with client's direction. Projects will often include, time element analysis including extra expenses, stock loss analysis and property damage compilation
- Leads, manages, and supervises Crawford Forensic Accounting Services (CFAS) teams on assignments that involve conducting investigations into fraud, accounting irregularities, and other regulatory actions based on client needs
- Provides expertise to insurers and attorneys across a vast array of areas including fraud services, litigation support, dispute resolution, and catastrophic response
- Participates in the planning and management of engagements to include budgeting, billings and conflict checks
- Performs complete evaluation of accounting, finance, and economic issues in the context of business transactions; provide recommendations where applicable
- Prepares and executes detailed work plans for engagements requiring investigative accounting and economic dispute resolution support
- Prepares written reports of findings, including necessary tables, exhibits and charts
- Provide oral presentation of findings to interested parties
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Actively works to identify and minimize risk on projects and proposals
- Manages electronic discovery and records preservation
- Recruiting, training and developing staff
- Assists in preparation of proposals and participates in marketing initiatives including travel to attend industry events
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
- Travel required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and / or Finance
- 8 + years of experience in Forensic and Investigative field.
- CPA or CFE designation.
- Experience with consulting firm specializing in forensic work or manager level work experience in an accounting firm dealing with forensic investigations
- Experience managing projects and staff
- Working knowledge of GAAP and the ability to research complex issues and formulate technically sound positions
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Structured and organized mindset but ability to be creative with resolving claim issues
- Demonstrated ability to research and apply accounting and government regulations in a business context, public accounting environment, regulatory environment or in the course of providing Litigation Services
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
People taking care of people. It's that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients' policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that's inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example – at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.