The Talent Department of Arnold & Porter has a Firmwide Director of Attorney Recruiting opening in the Washington, DC Office. The Director oversees the summer associate recruiting initiatives; law school outreach efforts; summer associate program; and lateral associate, entry-level associate, judicial clerk, staff attorney, and foreign attorney recruiting processes for the Washington, DC office; as well as overseeing the coordination of the above across all offices as necessary. The Director will be a member of the Talent Development team and will work closely with other Talent Development functions including Legal Personnel, Professional Development, Diversity & Inclusion and Practice Management. The Director will collaborate with the Chief Talent Officer, Talent Development Directors and Managers, and Office Administrators to plan and coordinate attorney recruiting initiatives and the summer associate program across all offices. In addition, the Director will work closely with the Firmwide Hiring Committee Co-Chairs as well as local office Hiring Committee Chairs to help determine and accomplish the Hiring Committee's goals and objectives.
• Four-year college degree.
• A minimum of ten years of legal recruiting experience.
• A minimum of five years of managerial experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills and proficiency in viRecruit or similar recruiting software a plus.
• Ability to be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and coordinate a large amount of information.
• Professional presence, strong interpersonal, management and problem solving skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and be committed to providing excellent client service.
• Exceptional judgment, flexibility and professionalism and ability to lead effectively while being a team player.