SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Position works across multiple entities with diverse operations to provide financial leadership and coordination over daily operations of company accounting systems ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with GAAP and company financial policies. Coordinates information and prepares budget, financial forecasts, periodic management and Board reports, variance reports and other financial analysis for the individual entities and consolidated group. Ensures maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the reported financial results. This role requires in-depth, working knowledge of GAAP, financial controls and consolidated reporting. Coordinates financial reporting issues, compliance and control changes with Chugach Alaska Corporation (CAC) via dotted line reporting to the CAC EVP of Finance/CFO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS / ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Direct, coordinate, compile and analyze CCH's financial information to prepare financial statements and other reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) in a timely manner.
- Responsible for financial reporting compliance, internal controls, cash management, asset management and accounting procedures
- Participate in the development of the CCH's strategic financial initiatives.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of CCH
- Develop key metrics and monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable of CCH entities ensuring the correct and accurate accounting classification of transactions in compliance with accepted policies and procedures and efficient management of working capital.
- Prepare the budget and forecast for the CCH holding company and coordinate completion of budget \forecast for individual subsidiaries
- Review CCH subsidiary financial performance and prepare consolidated financial reporting for CCH
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduce operating costs, and increase revenues
- Serves as primary liaison to Chugach Alaska Corporation related to the external audit function.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Supports the CCH's M&A priorities and assists in executing M&A transactions.
- Prepares financial analysis for investment opportunities, presents conclusions and recommendations regarding the potential target's strategic fit, and oversees the investment review process.
- Coordinates due diligence efforts with internal team, inclusive of CAC Corporate development and subject matter experts, and outside advisors. Formulates action plans and timelines.
- Provides direction and leadership to the CCH finance team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional work experience in finance, accounting, investments.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting/GAAP, budgeting and related accounting and record keeping systems.
- Knowledge and experience with audit coordination, financial controls and reporting