Diagnose and develop repair/restoration solutions for the built environment. This includes all major components and systems of buildings and other infrastructure. Projects range from cursory property condition assessments to detailed evaluations of structural systems, roofs, facades, plaza deck and below grade waterproofing systems, MEP systems, pavements, industrial floors, and construction materials. Assessment techniques include, visual examination, non-destructive testing, instrumentation and load testing, laboratory testing, and destructive examinations. Client deliverables range from reports of findings and recommendations to development of restoration design documents and construction oversight/administration.
Specific duties include:
- Roofing - perform inspections of roof system installation on new construction and re-roofing projects for compliance with the plans, specifications, and manufacturer's installation guidelines. Perform specialty testing including roof cores, fastener pull-out, IR/nuclear/Capacitance moisture surveys, and up-lift testing in accordance with FBC, ASTM and ANSISPRI standards.
- Waterproofing - performs inspections of EIFS systems, sealants, ad window, door and balcony installation on new construction and renovation projects for compliance wit the plans, specifications and manufacturer's installation guidelines, Perform specialty testing including sealant adhesion testing and ASTM and AAMA window testing.
- Coatings - performs inspections of coating installation on nee construction and renovation projects for compliance with the plans, specifications, and manufacturer's installation guidelines. Perform specialty testing including adhesion testing and wet/dry thickness testing.
- Special inspections - performs Special Inspections in accordance with the requirements of the Florida Building Code (FBC) for spray applied and intumescent fireproofing, fire stopping, fire resistive joints, and other inspections required by the AHJ.
One or more of the following certifications is desired:
- RCI Registered Roof Observer
- RCI Registered Exterior Wall Observer
- IBC Building Inspector
- Level I Infrared Thermographer
- AWCI EIFS Inspector
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Entry-level Facilities professional; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Works typically on smaller, routine projects.
- Assists in performing assessments, inspections and testing.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, plans, specifications, calculations, and research.
- Assists and gains exposure to projects of greater complexity and scope.
- Performs and sometimes oversees contract administration for small-to-medium projects.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor's degree in building science or related building field and up to 5 years' experience in facility assessment. Or, in lieu of a degree, 4-9 years' related experience.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.