Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
- Supporting Microchip customers with root cause failure analysis testing on various Microchip devices.
- Working with internal customers supporting new process/product introductions, FAB transfers, Reliability monitors and engineering experiments.
- Working with Field Application/Quality Engineers supporting external customer returns.
- Employing failure analysis techniques and tools to identify failure mechanisms on analog and digital devices.
- Interfacing with Product, Test, Design Engineering groups as needed to determine root cause.
- Document results in detailed report to customers. Initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- B.S. in Electronics Engineering required
- Two to four years experience in Failure Analysis or related discipline. Strong understanding of analog circuits a plus.
- Experience working with multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies and other bench level testing equipment.
- Strong understanding of semiconductor device physics and process manufacturing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point). Programming skills (C++, etc. ) are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, with a focus on attention to detail and time management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.