Hilcorp, founded in 1989, is one of the largest privately-held oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States and is the largest oil producer in Louisiana. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Hilcorp has over 1,825 employees in multiple operating areas including the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana, the Northeast United States, Wyoming, New Mexico and Alaska's Cook Inlet and North Slope. Our formula is to grow the company by leveraging our core competencies and operational expertise. Our proficiency in these key areas has resulted in significant growth over the last several years. Hilcorp is consistently acknowledged for its culture, values and ethics. In fact we have been recognized by multiple, local and national, publications as one of the best places in America to work. Hilcorp has also been commended for its unique programs that foster charitable giving by its employees and our emphasis on partnering with the communities in which we operate. We take great pride in our accomplishments and strive to maintain a culture that will allow for continued growth.
Hilcorp Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
- Develop and implement detailed strategy for facilities operations.
- Provide facilities engineering support to operations including as appropriate:
- Pressure vessels
- Piping systems and valves
- Heat exchangers
- Fired heaters
- Storage tanks
- Rotating equipment
- Mechanical protective devices
- Provide engineering support and oversight for the in-service inspections and testing program
- Provide engineering support to ensure any repairs related to inspection findings, fitness for service evaluations or other performance anomalies are in compliance with industry codes, regulations, and Harvest specifications.
- Specify mechanical design scope, specifications and construction standards for new and replacement equipment within scope.
- Provide engineering oversite of Facilities MOC's from conception through close-out
- Support Incident Investigations as a SME for Facilities
- Manage scope, and schedules for all assigned projects. Hold self and others accountable for accomplishing tasks on time.
- Streamline procedures, employ new technologies, and develop innovative strategies to ensure efficient operations.
- Demonstrate value to operations and asset team personnel.
- Maintains a service-oriented attitude to assist operations with programs and procedures to ensure work is performed safely and is appropriately documented and tracked.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects corporate assets by keeping information confidential.Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Adhere to the company's values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Support company vision and mission.
- Adhere to established work schedule and attendance standards and be punctual to work and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Five (5) years minimum experience in Production/Pipeline Facilities Engineering in a Midstream environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of Management.
- Self-directed and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Experience in preparing job and work plans including scope, skill identification, schedules, estimates, resource loading and operational coordination.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Proficient in organization and data management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional and solutions-oriented approach with coworkers, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate that s/he can take ownership of the job responsibilities and hold themselves accountable for their successful completion.
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
- This position requires travel (up to 25%) to field facilities and other offices, as well as periodic work in outdoor and industrial facility environments to oversee on-site contract staff, and establish and maintain good working rapport with operations personnel.
- Required Software Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Required: Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year university or college in Engineering or a closely related field, or other equivalent years of experience in the oil and gas industry, specific to pipeline engineering and/or integrity
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid State Driver's License.