Directs and manages overall daily operations at the Boys & Girls Club of Eden, NC, with the primary concern for a comprehensive, outcome-driven program and service delivery, supervision and training of staff (direct and indirect reports), facilities management, community relations and membership administration. Reports to Board of Directors in the areas of finance, facility management, personnel issues, budget development and program development.
- Provide leadership and direction in the operation of the Boys & Girls Club.
- Ensure an environment that facilitates achievement of youth development outcomes, with overall responsibility for cleanliness, attractiveness and safety of properties and equipment.
- Ensures development and implementation of strategic planning processes for overall unit, including the development of annual program objectives.
- Ensures quality improvement of programs by conducting program evaluations and an annual written analysis of member needs and interests. Compiles monthly statistical reports reflecting activities, attendance and participation.
- Encourage and support effective board roles and functions, acting as liaison to branch boards to keep them advised of activities and needs. Ensure accountability to the Board.
- Manage financial resources, participating in the development of annual budgets.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place, overseeing the maintenance and operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups.
- Manage fundraising activities and seek grants to support the mission of the club.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with public entities, civic groups and social agencies within the community. Represent the organization and interpret its objectives, standards and programs.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations, promoting and stimulating membership within the Club. Coordinate all publicity for programs and services within the Club and the community.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Thorough knowledge of recreation and youth development theory
- Demonstrated ability to work with branch boards
- Demonstrated ability regarding personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate staff
- Ability to deal effectively with members' discipline problems
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management
- Skilled at fundraising events
- Demonstrated leadership skills
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.