- Responsible in the implementation or vetting of upgrade projects as required
- Hands on leader charged with implementing capital projects safely, for projects that range from $0.1 to $5 million dollars.
- Support Controls projects/programs across the company's production assets.
- Support company production assets by traveling to locations on short notice.
- Capital Project Responsibilities:
- Capital Authorization Request (CAR) creation.
- Create & manage project timeline.
- Develop equipment specifications.
- Identifying qualified capital equipment suppliers, securing/evaluating bids.
- Installation management, including direct supervision of contractors/consultants, coordination with plant, engineering, planning and inventory control, business units.
- Providing engineering documentation, capital spend/forecast reporting and capital closeouts.
- Travel up to 50% mostly to locations in United States and Canada. International travel will be very infrequent.
- BS in Engineering with 7+ years of experience in manufacturing, project management and controls.
- Must demonstrate electrical, mechanical and process aptitude.
- Use experience of process knowledge to apply technology to other processes.
- Develop new process knowledge by applying fundamental engineering practices.
- Must have ability to see the big picture on the entire project scope (process, people, and business systems) to ensure meeting deliverables with effective planning and problem solving.
- Experience in high volume converting operations is preferred.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project as well as AutoCAD & SAP.
- PLC and Controls System programming required.
Valid Through: 2019-10-15