This position exists to develop business opportunities and grow new generator sales as well as services. The incumbent is responsible for training prime power and product support sales teams, as well as technicians on industry practices, safety requirements and related engineering requirements.
- Network with the engineering/electrical contractors and associations to enable Hawthorne to integrate into the design phase of projects.
- Grow the relationship between the sales team and the contractors.
- Gather, communicate and respond to market Intelligence: collect, analyze and evaluate end user requirements and expectations; Communicate this information to Engine Business Manager and GM Product Support Operations and work with internal teams to generate processes and take the necessary steps to assure customer satisfaction and achieve our financial goals.
- Work with sales and product support teams to grow AES and Microgrid sales
- Interface with sales and product support on the implementation of all marketing and sales initiatives.
- Interface with Caterpillar in a way that optimizes their involvement and participation.
- Travel with the sales teams and support them in developing their sales and presentation skills.
- Jointly with the department managers, create goals that will fulfill the needs and expectations of assigned customers and our Business Plan
- Interface with the District Reps and Caterpillar in a way that optimizes their engagement and participation as it relates to supporting our goals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Over fifteen years of progressive sales and product support experience in the industry.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight.
- Must have ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a self-starter.
- Must be organized and a good planner.
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Must have a valid California Class C Driver's License with a good driving record.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position. If required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read computer and paperwork.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in both office and outdoor environment.