Forest Electric Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is the largest electrical contracting company in New York City & New Jersey and one of the largest in the U.S. For over 50 years, Forest Electric has provided complete, expert electrical services throughout the New York/New Jersey Metropolitan area.
JOB TITLE: Electrical Construction Project Manager
SUMMARY: Forest Electric NJ seeks a Project Manager to assist the Company in meeting its objectives and goals by overseeing and directing assigned commercial electrical construction projects at various locations within New Jersey and take appropriate actions to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and with defined resources. The Project Manager will ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute and manage terms of project contracts.
- Monitor project budgets and labor costs.
- Monitor and prepare project schedules with milestone deadlines to be achieved.
- Partner with Superintendents, Project Engineers and Estimators and to ensure a complete scope of work is defined.
- Prepare and present computer generated spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with project superintendents by spending time on and touring assigned job sites.
- Prepare and manage communications with general contractors or construction managers for assigned projects.
- Recommend methods and/or improvements based on project needs and resource capabilities.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations on project change orders.
- Estimate/price change orders as required.
- Analyze plans and subsequent construction documents to confirm project requirements and opportunities for value engineering.
- Prepare documents for billing purposes and coordinate with accounting personnel.
- Report and resolve customer concerns and/or grievances as needed.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Travel to various project sites is required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
5 years: Electrical Project Management