Work involves a variety of activities including conceptual and detailed design / documentation of medium voltage power distribution including 15kV and 35kV of overhead and underground lines, service transformers, and electrical service to industrial, commercial and residential properties. Work requires knowledge of the NESC, CPS Energy or other utility's standards, experience with 15kV and 35kV design for overhead and or underground systems, NEC as applicable for over 1000V design, field investigations and construction support. Candidate shall be capable of performing electrical calculation, design/documentation, and non-routine assignments with little or no direction. Knowledge of GIS is a must. Knowledge of BIM (especially REVIT) and AutoCAD is highly desired. Construction administration will include As-Built drawing review, site inspection, and site investigation report production.
- Eight (8) years minimum of overhead electrical, underground electrical or combination of experience is required
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Electrical Engineering is required. A Texas PE is required, or have the ability for immediate PE reciprocity between the current state PE and Texas.
- Experience with CPS Energy or other electric utility design projects is required
- Experience with DOD government work is highly desired
- Minimum two (4) years of experience using ArcGIS/REVIT/AutoCAD or other design software based drawing generation
- Experience using electrical calculation tools is desired, including lighting and power software such as AGi32 and Power Tools SKM
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Excel & Word
- Experience using technical codes: NESC, NEC, ISA, IEEE Regulatory Codes Experience in document generation for power distribution and instrumentation & controls
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
- Local candidates strongly preferred
- Candidate must pass a background check given the criteria set by the client
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.