Humanscale is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work. Our award-winning office products –seating, sit/stand desks, technology support and lighting – have led the industry in performance and simplicity for over 30 years
Humanscale Design Studio is the creative force that drives Humanscale, the leading manufacturer of ergonomic products for the workplace. Our passion is designing products that combine uncompromising function and honest aesthetics with ultimate ease-of-use.
We seek an exceptional individual to join the engineering team as a Design Engineer III focusing on new product development. The successful applicant must possess a background as a design engineer of consumer products, an analytical and creative mind, a willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment, and an outstanding work ethic.
- Accountable for seeing the design of subsystem from concept through production, meeting deadlines and resolving performance issues along the way.
- Provide technical leadership in scoping and feasibility of concepts
- Contribute to the architectural definition of new product designs
- Perform requirements analysis and create engineering specifications
- Perform design for compliance analysis. Create risk assessment and mitigation plan
- Develop prototypes in various phases of developments
- Accurately estimate individual and team work efforts. Support overall project planning
- Hold design reviews with peers and stakeholders. Participate in FMEAs
- Create test plans, execute / support lab and field testing. Devises appropriate test methods to evaluate and debug electrical and electromechanical systems to ensure products meet performance and reliability specification.
- Mentor and coach junior members
- Contributes to research efforts to develop a solution or a new product. Study/research customer and industry requirements, and technology trend. Conduct and present competitive analysis.
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by applying mathematical and engineering principles and methods to electrical system designs.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineers, Industrial Designers, Regulatory Engineers, and external consultants in development efforts to ensure all design requirements are met.
- Use computer design/ drafting software to review and create PCB layout and schematic.
- Write firmware/software for design and for testing and validation.
- Interface with manufacturers in DFM, DFA, and IQC requirements.
- Develop engineering drawings, design control documentation, and communicate necessary information for manufacturing and assembly. Create and manage BOM required for production and purchasing.
- Work with internal and partner validation laboratories, ensure product complies with product performance, reliability and worldwide regulatory agency requirements,
- Work with Quality Engineers, NPI Engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers in product commercialization efforts. Participate in supplier selection.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 9 years of experience as Electrical Engineer in product development
- Fast learner, love of problem solving, superb team working skills, high energy with an optimistic approach towards meeting team commitments,
- Knowledge in PCB design, electrical loads analysis, failure modes effects and criticality analysis.
- Experience using design software such as Altium Designer, EAGLE.
- Experience in design for EMC/EMI, ESD protection
- Knowledge in immunity and product safety testing procedures and methodologies.
- Experience with electromechanical product development a plus
- Knowledge in one or multiple of the standards a plus - EN55032/EN55022, IEC60950, IEC60598, UL60601-1, UL60601-1-2
- Knowledge in and wireless standards (802.11, 802.15.4, 3G/4G) and RF design a plus, but not a must have.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, multi-meters, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences through conversation, presentations, and email
- Excellent computer, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel to work with supplier worldwide
- Ability to lift 60 pounds