The Division Vice President, Sourcing is responsible to lead and drive the Sourcing function in the Appliance Division of Spectrum Brands. This includes developing and managing a global sourcing team, defining and articulating strategy and vision, negotiating, measuring and maintaining relationships with vendors, and optimizing total costs. This position is a key contributor to several critical business processes and requires interfacing with many other functions on a regular basis. Responsible for direct spend of $600M annually.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Create sourcing strategies that reduce direct material cost and optimize quality, service, and working capital to achieve annual service, cost, quality capital and growth objectives
- Owns the supplier relationship development and management for the appliance division.
- Identify suitable vendors for the manufacture of global product platforms, acquire quote packages, and negotiate best total costs while ensuring achievement of quality and service.
- Provide product proposals, costs, tool plans and development schedules with other multi-departmental resources for evaluation. Drive consensus on ultimate supplier selection, and award project.
- Establishes and manages sourcing team charged with development and execution of value optimizing supplier strategies considering all aspects of cost, quality, service, working capital, and innovation.
- Develop strategy and plans to ensure Suppliers continually improve their performance in quality, supply chain and cost.
- Work closely with global teams to understand product requirements and develop appropriate sourcing strategies and tactics.
- Define and calculate vendor performance metrics. Meet with Vendors periodically to review their performance based on quantitative metrics. Develop improvement plans where required.
- Develop detailed recommendations for capital, operating and staffing budgets. Provide fiscal oversight of allocated resources, assets and expenses. Make necessary decisions to adjust for variations in projected budget income caused by fluctuating volumes and other external factors.
- Provide leadership to direct reports in the execution of work plans and long and short term goals. Implement department level infrastructure and changes to supporting processes and systems. Set, implement and complete department goals.
- Lead employees through effective hiring, orientating, training, mentoring and coaching. Provide ongoing recognition, feedback and development, holding staff accountable for success.
Education and Experience Profile
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a technology or operations related discipline. Advanced degree desirable.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in a Sourcing or Supply Chain Operations role/function with Team leadership and Strategic Sourcing direction setting experience.
- A Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or other related professional certification, completed or in progress is preferred.
- Proven ability to develop China based suppliers to enable core business strategies and performance metrics required.
- Proven negotiating skills with very strong Project Leadership experience required.
- Successful track record as a key contributor in a 100% sourced goods business model in one or more operations areas (engineering, quality, sourcing, supply chain, distribution)
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated track record of developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies for sourced goods.
- Experience in a high volume, consumer product manufacturing environment desirable.
- Working knowledge of contemporary manufacturing techniques (e.g. Lean / Six Sigma) required, proven ability to flow down into supply base with positive impact on KPI's desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Skilled at effectively interfacing with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to provide leadership through influence.
- Strong global citizenship awareness as it relates to culture and customs
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office computer systems and applications. Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Resilience, stamina, motivation and flexibility are needed as situations call for decisions, actions, and solutions that at times supersede a standard workday schedule.