Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager – Texas, the DSD District Manager has overall management responsibility for a team of Route Sales Representatives and Independent Distributors in a specified region. Primary accountabilities include overseeing the sales, brand and customer development, route planning, marketing execution, budgeting and customer service results. The Grocery DSD District Manager is responsible for leading and developing their team members to achieve maximum work quality, capacity and efficiency.
This role is a full-time, exempt position and should be based in the Dallas area. The District Manager's territory will include all of Texas.
- Coach and lead team to achieve Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Volume, Return, and Display Targets for Peet's Coffee and all partner brands.
- Day to day route supervision of all field level activities
- Work collaboratively with the Account Sales team to improve Peet's distribution, shelving, display support, while growing sales in our key accounts in the markets of responsibility
- Lead the field level execution of marketing initiatives
- Train, develop and manage the performance of Route Sales Representatives and independent distributors through weekly route riding scheduling
- Review operational reports to ensure adherence to Peet's policies and procedures, monitor area profitability and manage district budget
- Lead and manage the performance review process for company team members
- Provide guidance in solving issues that affect route service, efficiency and productivity
- Oversee safe working conditions and activities of company Route Sales Representatives
- Demonstrate leadership in modeling Peet's Mission, Vision and Values to team members
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in DSD operations or Grocery Store retail experience
- Experience successfully leading and managing a team, both company employees and independent distributors
- Experience selling at store and headquarter level. Must be able to interact with retailers, managers, grocery managers, receivers, file maintenance and center store operators
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time appropriately in a fast paced environmen
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Solid PC Abilities and strong skill level with Micro Soft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to travel up to 50% to 75% of the time. Must be willing to travel to the assigned states of responsibility
- Must be able to communicate to regionals in geographic areas of responsibility