FTI Consulting assists management in workouts with their lenders to:
• Manage the workout process.
• Prepare business plans and cash flow projections.
• Assess the company's long-term viability and business strategy.
• Coordinate with creditors and their professionals.
• Manage cash flow and working capital.
• Identify nonessential assets to be sold and manage the sale process.
• Create and develop a business rehabilitation plan to maximize profitability.
• Design, negotiate and implement a financial restructuring plan.
• Identify sources of new capital, particularly through refinancing.
• Evaluate financial and operating results of competitors within the industry.
• Provide technical expertise and experience at an advanced level; participate in managing client relationships, client service and practice management.
• Supervise and direct client engagements: provide technical expertise, perform analyses, supervise and guide consultants and senior consultants.
• Responsibilities include reviewing work product, financial statements, models and reports for accuracy and completeness; conducting discussions with clients about status and results of work performed; preparing and reviewing work plans; ensuring assignments are carried out within scope, budgeted time and delivery commitments; following progress of engagement, updating Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors; helping resolve analytical and technical problems as they arise; prepare work product.
• Apply business, economics, finance, accounting and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines (e.g. financial modeling, ratio and comparable company analysis, review/analysis of financial statements and projections, assessing business plans, conducting due diligence, etc.)
• Understand, synthesize and analyze large amounts of data associated with complex restructuring, due diligence and litigation cases. Provide relevant analysis and summaries for interested parties including clients, FTI management or attorneys.
• Prepare complex cash flow projections to model business processes or actual or hypothetical transactions.
• Assist in developing business strategies for turnaround and profitability improvement.
• Recruit, train, develop and evaluate client service staff.
• Manage teams of various levels of staff to ensure effective utilization of time.
• Manage client relationships; identify and develop opportunities to enhance relationships with existing clients/contact. Identify possible sources of new business.
• Deliver presentations on the spectrum of services to potential clients.
• Demonstrate support in advancing company and segment objectives of profitability, professionalism and teamwork with staff and clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years within accounting/finance, restructuring or related field.
• Ability to travel 60-80%.
• Master's Degree, CPA or CIRA preferred.
• Experience with bankruptcy processes and procedures, restructuring troubling companies or related financial, analytical experience.
• Excellent project management skills and proven capabilities in managing a team.
• Strong knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles and expertise within the field of restructuring.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in fast-paced, multitasking environment.
• Superior interpersonal, communication, marketing, sales and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with PC environment and related software, preferably Microsoft Office.
• Leadership and management skills.