The Director Relationship Manager, IS Business Partner will manage strategic relationships, information strategy, and IT portfolio for one of the Global Value Chain customers including Research, Medical & Development, QA, Pharmaceutical Technology, and others.
This position will be accountable for establishing a strategic roadmap for a specific division e.g. M&D, Research, Technology, etc. and will work with other R&D Partner functions to deliver solutions to accelerate Astellas' global business and to maximize the value of data and information across the organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Business Leaders to ensure alignment for one of the Global Value Chain customers between business and IS strategy.
- Be a strategic partner and advisor to the business by leveraging the best resources inside Astellas and outside the organization to make the right technology decisions for one of the Global Value Chain customers.
- Examines the global business divisional strategy and forecasts the effects of the use of IT technology and systems to (changes in) the business processes.
- Develops the global information systems strategy for a business division and ensures it is agreed by divisional management bodies.
- Ensures the definition of global information management plans for divisional systems, including the budgetary consequences of these plans. This includes information systems hosted by any Astellas IT Infrastructure partner, providers of Software as a Service or Application Software Providers globally.
- Accountable for managing portfolios for one of the Global Value Chain customers with supports from other R&D Partner Teams.
- Accountable for delivery of solutions by working closely with other R&D Partner teams with supports from other R&D Partner Teams.
- Participates in global IT project teams, global IT project steering committees and global strategic improvement project teams.
- Assist RM Lead to plan, organize, manage and delegate work within R&D Partner.
- Assist RM Lead to manage, mentor, coach and train a department of approximately 10 or more people across the globe.
- Assist RM Lead to monitor and support the development of expertise and competence within R&D Partner.
- Manage 5-50 external staff.
- Collaborates with other R&D Partner teams and other IS groups:
- Support BRM Lead to represent Global Value Chain (business division) in the variety of Astellas IT management meetings.
- Ensures Global Value Chain (business division) needs regarding IT technologies are fulfilled by their service providers.
- Masters / University degree or acquired by education and/or work experience in IT, business administration or equivalent;
- Fluent English (verbally and written);
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
- Act and manage with both a result and a customer focus;
- Work in a regulated environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experienceOver 3 Years' experience in a Pharmaceutical (R&D) environment;
- Over 5 Years' experience in line management;
- Over 7 Years' experience in project management with extensive knowledge applying project management or system development management methodologies;
- Experience in managing vendors (application vendors and service providers);
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements concerning GxP applications, JSOX, GAMP5 and 21 CFR Part 11.