Manages a team of credit risk staff who are responsible for credit risk management and analysis. Leads the development and delivery of credit risk strategies for consumer lending portfolios to optimize profitable growth within risk appetite. detailed analysis, utilizing sophisticated analytical and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict, evaluate and manage the credit risk across various loanportfolios. Assesses lending product/portfolio performance specific to credit loss and financial elements. Provides guidance on product performance, profitability and potential loss.
- Ensures adherence to written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Applies highly complex mathematical modeling and forecasting techniques to solve business problems for optimal solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise on all matters of credit risk management and analysis.
- Works directly with executive management, Marketing and team members to develop, implement and validate products, programs and portfolio management strategies to minimize credit risk in loan products while optimizing financial returns.
- Works with all lines of business including Finance and Marketing to develop new products and product offers to manage and appropriately price the credit risk of the Bank and support financial objectives.
- Develops, delivers, and implements credit policy to support corporate risk and revenue growth objectives.
- Engages with bank leaders to ensure that credit risk policies are aligned with the continually changing credit environment and maintains dialogue with other stakeholders such as Risk and Compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory environment and ensures compliance. Manages risk issues and provides strategies for mitigation to minimize business impact.
- Manages third party vendor relationships, ensuring consistent, efficient delivery of high value, high performance products and services.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills and models these qualities to employees, peers and upper management.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of supervision professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and related managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
- 8 or more years credit risk experience in the financial services industry
- 3 or more years of direct team lead, or management experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 6 years credit risk experience within credit card OR consumer lending
- 3 years of direct people management experience
- Large, complex bank/financial institution experience
- Relevant finance, product and/or P&L experience
- Experience communicating and presenting complex concepts to executive leadership