Do you bring creativity and innovative, 'out-of-the-box' ideas to your work? Do you have healthcare and/or quality experience? How about Lean or OpEx? If so, we might be a fit. TriWest Healthcare Alliance has been on a Mission to serve our nation's Veterans and their families since 1996. We are an evolving team of professionals that will do "Whatever it Takes" to serve our nation's heroes in partnership with the VA. We looking for a dynamic change agent to help us reinvent and reinvigorate our processes while establishing and driving and a best-in-class quality culture.
In this role, the Director, QPI will provide TriWest leadership with 'in-house' consulting services in the areas of performance improvement; process and program re-engineering; quality management, improvement and accreditation; service excellence; and process integration.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Assessing and trending quality and performance measures
- Driving quality and performance improvement
- Promoting service excellence activities in collaboration with TriWest's leadership team.
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans
- Helping guide our Lean and PI initiatives
- Direct and lead the Quality and Performance Improvement department's initiatives to support TriWest's mission, strategic and operational plans, and contract performance requirements.
- Be a change leader to promote the development and integration of systems thinking, customer focus and use of improvement tools.
- Promote quality concepts for problem identification, investigation, and resolution.
- Coordinates the company's quality program including monitoring, trending and reporting quality metrics, development of analysis and reports for quality meetings, and leading accreditation and certification efforts
- Champions Lean and Six Sigma at TriWest by driving process improvement and OpEx initiatives.
- Participates in work process redesign efforts
- Functions as a key resource for department-level quality planning and management, performance improvement, workflow management, and re-engineering efforts.
- Functions as a facilitator during TriWest's operational construct design and improvement sessions.
- Serves as the focal point for internal and external communications regarding quality and performance management and improvement initiatives.
- Serves on cross-functional committees as the voice for TriWest's quality program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- 7+ years documented management and leadership experience in a quality environment, e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, and/or ISO 9000
- Expertise with project planning, team management, and new program development
- Demonstrated successes with operational design and performance improvement projects
- Expertise in planning, directing and managing enterprise-wide projects with measurable short- and long-term impact
- Experience facilitating large-scale meetings resulting in clearly defined project plans and/or strategies
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- Previous experience in Health Care Administration, Management or Operations
- Experience and knowledge of the Veterans Affairs health care system and Department of Defense military healthcare system
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt Certification and experience with Black Belt projects