CollabraLink is searching for a Director to join our growing team. The Director - Program Manager plays a significant leadership role in the management and success of one of Collabralink's large, critical scaled agile modernizations. The effort spans technical, infrastructure, and organizational transformation domains. With a Human Centered Design-led approach, the implementation of this program will bring modernization not only to end-users, but also IT delivery through a Lean, SAFe DevOps culture. CollabraLink is looking for a strong but people-savvy driver, with demonstrated success leading other large-scale SAFe implementations and modernization efforts within the Federal Government. Our ideal candidate will not only be an Agile practitioner, but a relentless evangelist, capable of moving complex organizations through the journey from "wagile" to true SAFe. In addition to IT delivery excellence, critical success factors include strong communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical skills, decisiveness, and the ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders. The PM and DPM roles support a team of 60-70 resources including several Agile Development teams, DevOps and Architecture team, Operations, Maintenance, and Help Desk. The DPM will have the following direct reports: Agile Coach, Release Train Engineer, Product Managers, PMO Lead, Maintenance Lead, and Help Desk Lead. The DPM will also work closely with the Human-Centered Design and Organizational Change Management teams to ensure coordination and alignment with technical delivery schedules. Work experience in US Digital Services, 18F, Big 5 consulting, or equivalent organizations is strongly preferred.
- Drive strategic and tactical input into overall program vision, direction-setting, and organizational alignment
- Develop a product roadmap and project schedules in alignment with SAFe best practices
- Establish and deliver program performance metrics, actively driving quality and velocity improvements while maintaining financial targets
- Actively manage risks, deep-diving into details and dependencies as required, evaluating options, and presenting mitigation strategies.
- Proactively identify, anticipate, communicate, and manage program dependencies, critical path, scope changes, and potential crises before they happen.
- Engage with teams to understand product features, delivery risks, operational challenges.
- Effectively communicate to Clients thru compelling, succinct, and actionable status
- Create high-performing teams by motivating, coaching, and mentoring team members through active engagement with team members.
- Cultivate and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project
- 10+ years of experience in leading IT tranformation projects
- 3+ years in an ARTE role or other major role in a Scale Agile environment
- Experience leading large-scale program road-mapping, iterative planning with varied stakeholders including Clients, business owners, product owners, product managers, business analysts, human centered design experts
- Experience working in both production and development-based software development environments
- Experience with Human Centered Design integration into agile sprint teams preferred
- Experience with 18F or US Digital Services or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree in a related field such as Information Systems Management, Engineering Management, or technical degree such as Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Scale Agile Framework certification (preferred)
- CSM (preferred)
- PMP (preferred)
- Eligibility requirement: U.S. Citizenship.