Accountabilties in this role
The Director of Strategic Accounts (DSA) will have leadership responsibility for developing and implementing regionally and locally based contracts that support sales strategies and objectives across Global Commercial Solutions businesses. The DSA will work collaboratively with the Acute and Non-Acute RVP's, regional sales teams, and Business Unite contracting teams to develop and execute contracting plans for key accounts. Cross-functional team building, development of contracting strategy, leading negotiations, conducting comprehensive business reviews, positioning of Cardinal Health's value offering, driving revenue, managing contract compliance integrity, and protecting margin will be key responsibilities.
- Manage key account relationships at the senior executive level (C- suite or senior decision maker), across Regional Purchasing Coalition, Integrated Delivery Network or Dealer
- Responsible for overall account profitability, to include leading deal modeling and approval processes, developing and executing account profitability strategies across Segment
- Negotiating agreements, rebate and discount programs, and resource deployment across account
- Determine overall direction for strategic accounts, understand competitive landscape, market insights, and effectively communicate across key internal and external stakeholders
- Understand account strategic priorities, direction and needs, to develop strategic sales plans across business units, to ensure effective prioritization and execution.
- Expand relationships and build customer insights in order to identify new sales opportunities that will grow revenue, profitability and market share.
- Collaborate proactively with business unit commercial teams to execute strategic sales plans.
- Oversee all contracting activity within the account, to include providing leadership and direction for all contract strategies, Request for Proposals (RFP) and locally negotiated agreements. Work with business unit teams on deal modeling and financial approval process, and negotiate and manage all contracts within accounts
- Ensure mutual development of KPI's with account are established, business reviews are conducted to measure and track progress, to attain all customer commitments
- Support ongoing improvement of group strategies, including segmentation and targeting criteria, program and offering development, and organizational effectiveness.
- Coordination of the communication to internal Cardinal Health leadership stakeholders on a consistent basis
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years sales and/or marketing experience in healthcare/medical product and services industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a team leadership role
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including strategic and analytical skills
- Strong background in complex selling situations, and ability to cultivate and maintain executive relationships.
- Proven success selling diversified product solution and services
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others.
- Strong track record of operating and leading within complex organizations.
- Ability to analyze complex business issues and lead the development of customized action plans to drive value for the customer and Cardinal Health
- Ability to develop and expand relationships with key stakeholders in order to achieve business objectives
- Strong cross-organizational collaboration skills; ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in complex negotiations
- Strong knowledge of hospital and healthcare economics
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy
Dallas Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.