Reporting to the Director of Sales are all sales managers including the digital sales manager.
• The DOS will be responsible for the development of cross-product sales strategies to reach expected revenue levels. Using creativity, business basics and customer knowledge, the DOS will lead a team to develop customized solutions for new and existing customers.
• Maximizes revenue from all revenue categories including local, national, NTR events and digital.
• The DOS will lead the digital sales efforts for the Sales Department. Using an integrated sales strategy, training and expectations will be developed by the Director and executed via the sales leadership team and account managers.
• As part of managing overall performance, the DOS will provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including revenue projections, end of month performance summary by category, sales executive and strategy. Will also participate in annual budgeting and analysis.
• Oversee sales managers optimization of inventory management for revenue maximization of spot time sales and sets product and program rates/packaging accordingly.
• Facilitates positive and productive relationships with other Cox Media Group departments.
• Acts as liaison between Cox Media Group sales and the station Program Directors to ensure fluid communication.
• Accurately budgets and forecasts revenue goals by source.
• Trains, develops, and motivates sales managers to optimize revenue potential across all revenue streams.
• Communicates inventory, sales and packaging strategies to sales managers.
• Creates and develops new revenue streams as product and service opportunities present themselves.
• Develops and implements sales processes to provide for smooth and timely workflow throughout the sales process including traffic, production, promotions, digital, accounting and programming.
• Identifies and eliminates barriers to the sales process between account manager and client.
• Ensures sales tools are utilized to maximum advantage in the marketplace for positioning and sales cultivation.
• May perform other related duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years media sales management experience – preferably in broadcast or radio sales.
• Minimum of five (5) years media sales experience.
• Strong verbal, writing, mathematical, and analytical skills.
• Strong recruitment and experience building a sales team.
• Creative and flexible with a positive attitude.
• Knowledge of Excel, Windows and media software such as Marketron, Media Monitors and Miller Kaplan X-ray.
• Willingness and ability to join organizations to enhance the image and recognition of Cox Media Group in the marketplace.
• Experience in driving regional and national business.
• Proven track record of leading a team to consistently achieve revenue goals.
Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Aligning and Executing Sales Strategy: Establishing a plan to achieve the unit's objectives, taking into consideration overall business and sales goals, market opportunities, past sales results, and available resources; reviewing progress and adjusting the plan as needed.
Driving Sales Execution: Vividly communicating a new sales approach or strategy in a way that helps others realize its value; encouraging others to share ideas to maximize the benefits of the change; addressing concerns constructively and using appropriate strategies to gain commitment to action.
Building the Sales Team: Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals; evaluating key strengths and development needs for the team and providing learning opportunities that enable associates to realize their potential.
Customer Focus (Internal and External): Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Gaining Commitment: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one's own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
Innovation and Risk-Taking: Generating innovative solutions in work situations, trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and others areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Project Management: Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
Formal Presentation: Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.