Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of nursing care within the facility. They will assume responsibility as a department lead of the OR/pre op/ PACU. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for the facilities quality improvement / risk management and education of the teammates. As a Registered Nurse, the Director of Nursing is responsible to work in patient care. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, teammates, physicians, vendors, other healthcare workers, etc.
- Recognizes legal policy limits and individual practice.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and manage shifting priorities while staying positive.
Must be detail-oriented, creative problem-solver and a team-player.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- 2+ years of nursing leadership in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center
- At least one (1) year OR circulating experience or GI experience preferred
- Current FL nursing license
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)