At Sunrise, our Activities Director - Community Life Director is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for the Activities and Recreation operations including developing and leading a successful, engaging resident centered activity and volunteer program for the whole full service Sunrise Senior Living community.
At the exclusive Fox Hill retirement community, our Director of Lifestyle & Leisure is responsible for providing overall leadership, coordination, and management of programs and oversight of our spa/salon and fitness center for nearly 300 Independent Living condominium owners.
- Serving a discerning community of accomplished, engaged older adults.
- Collaborating and coordinating with the Activities Committee to deliver a comprehensive calendar of engaging and exciting programs, special events and outings for Independent Living.
- Supervisory oversight of the Spa/Salon Director and Fitness Director.
- Recruits and provides overall leadership for the Lifestyle & Leisure Department.
- Coaching and retaining a high performing employee team.
- Preparation of annual budget and monitoring expenses and financial statements to meet revenue and budget targets.
- Leads and motivates team members and volunteers for their involvement in the social events and various programs.
- Demonstrates competence in Federal, State and Local regulations, requirements and Sunrise guidelines for independent living as applicable; ensures compliance
- College degree in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, Adult Education, Gerontology, Marketing, Public Relations with minimum of five (5) years of experience programming diverse lifestyle and leisure activities with active older adults.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory/management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, coaching and counseling.
- To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess polished written and verbal communication skills, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate team members and volunteers for their involvement in the social events and various activities offered at the community.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new applications as needed.