We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View's windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View's windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
The Director of Learning and Development, reporting to the VP of HR, will lead the design and implementation of employee engagement and learning programs. Learning is a foundational pillar of the culture at View and this role is critical in helping our employees enhance their impact and be better at what they are doing. The ideal candidate will cultivate strong, collaborative relationships with HR and its partners, identify opportunities to enhance organizational effectiveness, and provide systematic and straight forward approaches with measurable impact to address business needs. This person must be comfortable with both strategy and execution, and able to be hands on to "get the job done".
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic direction for, plus leadership and execution of, company-wide organizational training and development programs and initiatives to promote a performance culture.
- Design in-house scalable solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning
- Deliver high impact training that maximizes learner participation, comprehension and application of the material utilizing technology, interaction, and innovative tactics
- Prioritize training needs with business leaders. Develop, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of programs.
- Lead teams, whether direct reports and/or cross-functional partners, and vendors in program design and implementation of end-to-end talent management and team development solutions that include the evaluation, design, and delivery of programs.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A successful candidate will have at least 10 to 15 years of Learning and Development experience with specific knowledge and/or expertise in talent assessment and management, learning and development, and organization effectiveness.
- Experience building out effective use of Learning Management Systems.
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in the organization.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to successfully multitask and meet deadlines and customer demands
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time