- Provides oversight for the operations and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, and provides input to the head of I&O as well as to peer direct reports responsible for other aspects of I&O.
- Assists with the development of the operations aspects of the I&O strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Assists with developing and controlling the IT operations annual operating and capital expenditure budget for I&O and manages expenses to stay within plan.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure good coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs and respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Supports the I&O sourcing strategy, and provides oversight for vendor and partner relationship management.
- Works with the I&O leadership team to forecast future skill needs to acquire and develop an I&O workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies. Works toward a balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT operations management team and staff.
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing IT operations environment.
- Maintains currency on new technologies and service management practices, and provides direction on what emerging IT operations technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within I&O.
- Fosters a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Continually looks for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the IT operations workforce.
- Special projects as assigned by Senior Director, Infrastructure & Operations
- This position will directly oversee 4 employees (team managers)
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT operations staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key metrics
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills
- Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in an individual contributor role in IT operations.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management
- Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce.
- Ability to operate successfully and be effective in a high change environment and comfortable dealing with a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Ability to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests.
- Confirmed leadership skills in building talent through coaching/mentoring, collaboration beyond boundaries, supervising with or without authority and leading change.
- Able to appropriately delegate key responsibilities and transfer some of his/her own duties and decisions as the direct/indirect reports' number and skill sets grow.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships and motivate team members; must have a positive, can-do attitude.
- The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between superiors, peers and subordinates within the organization.
- Self-confident individual with his/her ego well in check, as well as a collaborative team player.
- Person who is motivated by his/her impact on the organization rather than personal career advancement.
- Person who is equally comfortable and capable interacting with technologists as he/she is with the business executives.
- Industry Certifications desired: Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, AWS, Azure, ITIL, DevOps, CISSP, PMP
- 8+ years of related industry experience
- Operates with integrity, transparency and humility
- Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Waters
- Carries a broad global perspective of markets, tech, and trends
- Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
- Actively creates the conditions for Waters' people and teams to succeed
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or other related field is preferred.