As part of clinical support team and aligned with field management teams, partners to achieve hygiene business plan goals. Assist in the development of new clinical programs and updates to existing clinical programs. Lead product development research, educational training and implementation of new product and programs to the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee clinical hygiene team.
- Analyze, interpret, and monitor dental industry trends. Identify clinical opportunities and actively pursue initiatives.
- Research new Soft Tissue Management products and services for company implementation.
- Represent the company in the dental hygiene community, dental convention meetings and recruitment activities.
- Partner with Corporate Learning & Development team to develop content, source delivery methods and speakers for development programs.
- Conduct clinical training sessions and meetings as needed.
- General advice, consultation and counsel on continuing education programs.
- Additional projects and/or responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior management experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must exercise diplomacy, discretion, sound judgment, and flexibility in varying situations, and must maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organization and time management skills required.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, schedule, coordinate, and make decisions relating to assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to coach team members on performance and clinical aspects of their role.
- Ability to influence the productivity through guidance.
- Business acumen - ability to review, analyze and diagnose business and clinical metrics; and translate into coaching strategies for improvement.
- Ability to assist in creating hygiene "standard of care" product/procedure protocols.
- Ability to conduct oral and written presentations.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis to include overnight stays.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in dental hygiene.
- Five to seven years' experience as a clinical hygienist, experience with a dental management organization preferred.
- Active dental hygienist license in Florida and Georgia or ability to attain.