The KIPP NYC Director of Human Resource Administration will oversee the overall evaluation, coordination and administration of payroll and employee benefits functions at KIPP NYC.
This is opportunity is ideal for an experienced manager who is eager to enhance and develop HR tools, systems, and processes to support a thriving, successful organization reach its next level of growth. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of HR Administration will manage a team of 4 Payroll and HR professionals responsible for delivering compensation and benefits programs to 800+ employees.
The right candidate will embrace continuous learning and innovation, be willing to get his/her hands dirty, and relish the challenge of finding ways to work smarter and more efficiently. They will also have a passion for the mission of KIPP NYC and embody our mantra "Work Hard. Be Nice."
This position is based at the KIPP NYC Shared Services Team (SST) office in Midtown Manhattan, and requires monthly travel to KIPP NYC schools and programs, located in Upper Manhattan, the Bronx and Brooklyn.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- HR Strategy & Customer Service DeliveryBe the "go-to" expert for all benefits and payroll administration content, keeping the organization on top of the latest regulations and industry best practices
- Continually evaluate and improve KIPP NYC's employee wellness strategy through programs and initiatives intended to benefit the health and well-being of our employees
- Partner with the CFO and Senior Managing Director of People to execute KIPP NYC's employee compensation strategy
- Develop communication strategies and materials to increase staff understanding of payroll and benefits-related topics, including benefit offerings, relevant systems and HR policies
- Coordinate team's response approach for employee inquiries regarding benefits, compensation and HR policies
- Collaborate with the Director of Employee Experience to support employee onboarding and exit strategy that reflect KIPP NYC's culture and values
- HR Systems & Data ManagementManage vendor relationships and administration of all employee benefits programs, including health, life/disability, 403(b), pension, transit, unemployment, etc.
- Collaborate with Tech and Finance Teams to refine HR systems and data management strategy, utilizing technology to facilitate efficient and cohesive workflows
- Develop and manage audit processes that ensure accuracy of data entry, such as new hires, rehires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, FLSA status changes, schedule changes, and benefit enrollments, etc.
- Partner with Finance to reconcile benefit billing and ensure accurate and timely payment of vendors
- Payroll & Compensation ManagementOversee the Payroll Manager in delivering timely, accurate semi-monthly payroll across KIPP NYC's 10 payroll entities
- Ensure timely filing of payroll tax information to state and federal authorities.
- Work with the Controller to establish and refine processes to ensure payroll data meets requirements for accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Collaborate with Finance and Recruitment Teams to make salary recommendations for new hires and promotions.
- Be a thought leader in contributing to KIPP NYC's ongoing compensation strategy, monitoring wage and salary trends to ensure KIPP NYC remains competitive in the market
- Talent DevelopmentManage and provide professional development for Payroll and Benefits Administration Team, including training, coaching and performance management.
- Leverage strengths of team members to create a positive work environment with high employee engagement.
- Bachelor's degree required
- HR Certification strongly preferred (SPHR, SHRM-SCP)
- 10+ years of work experience, including 3+ years of experience successfully managing an HR benefits team
- Exceptional project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with stakeholders across functional and organizational lines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, analytical thinker with an ability to quickly implement thoughtful solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in ADP Workforce Now 8.0, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint