In this highly technical, fast-paced, and rewarding position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to manage the general accounting and budgeting functions for Methodist Dallas Medical Center to ensure that financial reporting needs are met and that financial statements present fairly, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals and corporate policy, the results of the hospital's operations.
Also to manage the budgeting function for the Corporate Division and coordinate budgeting functions with Methodist Charlton and Methodist Mansfield and Methodist Richardson. Also to supervise a professional staff who supports the accounting functions of Corporate, Charlton and Mansfield. Also to manage communications/reporting functions for Methodist Rehab, Methodist McKinney and Methodist Hospital for Surgery (Addison).
Your Job Requirements:
- Master's degree with major in accounting required
- CPA Required
- Hospital accounting experience preferred
- Work Experience: 5 or more years of experience required
- Must be a team-oriented problem-solver.
- Accounting software experience preferred (Lawson preferred)
- PC Skills: Strong experience withExcel, word processing, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Related budgeting experience required
- Report writer experience helpful
- Ten key by touch
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Codes and approves requests for changes to revenue service codes works with departments to ensure service codes are accurately set up. Also, works with departments to ensure system purchases are accurately set up and that expenses are coded correctly.
- Control and review automated subsidiary systems interface to general ledger daily.
- Coordinate preparation of annual audit schedules, year-end account reconciliations and interface with auditors.
- Coordinate the monthly closing schedule to assure completion of the monthly reports in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the compilation of the annual operating budget: Approves model tables used for revenue/volume budgets and other budget reports. Supervises entire process and ensures overall accuracy. Assists departments with all their budget needs. Develops and teaches training classes as needed. Attends budget meetings. Various other budget-related duties.
- Ensure department participates in the year-end count of physical inventory, extensions, and records necessary adjustments and ensures the accuracy of records.
- Ensure orderly storage and control of historical reports.
- Ensures accuracy of MDMC payroll budgets and coordinates interfaces. Prepares various payroll budgets including shared services.
- Inform the hospital controller on the status of the accounting operation and budgets as needed.
- Instruct financial education for new hospital leaders.
- Interface with all hospital departments to provide training and assistance for operations.
- Interface with Information Systems on automation needs.
- Maintains general ledger structure and chart of accounts for MDMC.
- Prepare standard and general journal entries and budget for physician salaries.
- Prepares/consults on hospital budget commentary. Prepares/consults on budget package for the Finance Committees.
- Prepares the budget for various miscellaneous cost centers.
- Prepares various budget spreads, assists employees/departments, and approves overall spreads.
- Provide backup assistance during staff absences.
- Provide management direction to professional and clerical staff, approves all journal entries, requisitions, and reports, assign duties, hire and train new employees.
- Review and assist on the operations write-up for the Methodist Board.
- Routine ongoing analysis of balance sheet asset and liability accounts for various entities.
- Supervises preparation and ensures the accuracy of all reports issued by the Finance department.