The Director of Finance directs the accounting and control functions at the hotel, while ensuring timely reporting of operating results and maintaining the integrity of the management information system.
- Supervise all accounting functions.
- Prepare the financial statements within the time frames supplies in the Corporate closing schedule and according to the Omni Policies and Procedures.
- Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the General Manager and the Omni Corporate Team.
- Maintain balance sheet analysis on at least a quarterly basis and preferably on a monthly basis with full supporting detail.
- Prepare accurate cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and on request.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
- Ensure compliance with the management agreement and attendant legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may affect both the hotel's and Corporate's financial position.
- Maintain effective system and control procedures as set forth in the policies and procedures manuals.
- Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by Omni are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by hotel management team to ensure that owners, the General Manager, and Omni Corporate Management are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statuary and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage is maintained to protect the assets of the hotel with particular regard to the requirements contained in the hotel's management contract.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotels' assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of BSC or BA in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting/Finance
- Must have previous hotel experience.
- Four years experience as a hotel/resort Director of Finance
- Must have experience as an Assistant Controller or Public Accounting Senior/Management
- Full general ledger experience and month end closing experience is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.