At Sunrise, our Director of Facilities is responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the facilities management operations in Full Service communities.
- Directs and manages all Maintenance activities (HVAC, Electrical, Elevator, Fire Protection Systems, Life Safety, Engineering Services, Refuse and Recycling Collection, Grounds and Building Maintenance) in order to maintain efficient and reliable operations 24/7.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of all governmental, accrediting agencies (DOH, L&I, Life Safety, OSHA) and Sunrise Senior Living quality service standards, as they relate to Maintenance and Life Safety to ensure that the facility is survey ready at all times
- Recruits and provides overall leadership for the Maintenance Department.
- Supervising, managing, supporting, coaching and developing a high performing employee team.
- Preparation of annual budget and monitoring of expenses and financial statements.
- Assisting with developing, maintaining, and implementing 20-year reserve plan.
- Managing work order system, preventive maintenance program, and project plans.
- Engaging and managing contractors.
- Collaboration with Condominium Association Boards and Committees.
- Five (5)-plus years supervisory and management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, and counseling.
- Five (5)-plus years facilities experience demonstrating extensive knowledge of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and code compliance.
- Hospitality background preferred.
- Experience with homeowner associations and boards a plus.
- Certifications may be required per state requirements.
- Possess extensive knowledge of all fire & life safety regulations and OSHA regulations.
- To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office & the ability to learn new applications.