Silicon Valley,As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP EXPERIENCE
Whether you desire to work directly with clients or support those who do, RGP connects you to meaningful opportunities designed to put your talents to their best and highest use, and help you develop skills for today and tomorrow. As an RGP employee, you are a champion for your team, driven to develop their functional acumen in a manner that is transformative and valuable. You help guide people and organizations to be and become more than they thought possible and have the ultimate service mentality based on openness, understanding and teamwork.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As Director of Client Development, you will be instrumental in growing market revenue through new business development, management and expansion of existing client relationships/accounts, and oversight of consultant engagements. In keeping with our entrepreneurial culture, the Director of Client Development will have an opportunity to build and own a client portfolio while working in partnership with teammates to achieve key business objectives.
ATTRIBUTES OF DIRECTORS AT RGP
- Integrity and respect for people and opinions
- Demonstrates RGP's values – loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
- Entrepreneurial, highly self-motivated, and driven to achieve a comprehensive set of performance metrics and quantitative measures
- Strategist, thought leader and trusted business partner to the Account/Client
- Maintains an executive presence with a strong ability to interact with senior/C-level leaders
- Demonstrates strong client service acumen
- Excellent ability to build new business relationships as well as generate new revenue within existing clients
- Able to problem solve and negotiate effectively
- Excellent ability to motivate and influence others both internally and externally
- Demonstrates excitement and passion
- Manages stress and ambiguity
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Accountable for the sales activity and results for a defined portfolio of business (territory or assigned accounts)
- Develops and implements tactical plans to achieve portfolio sales goals and objectives
- Conducts account planning and proactively seeks to bring innovative ideas and approaches to the account strategy
- Owns and drives key strategic pursuits, leveraging the full range of RGP resources and enablers (including Technical Sales, Sales Support and Business Development), as appropriate
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and communicates effectively with key client leaders and staff in order to drive account penetration and sales growth / Continually develops new client business by pursuing account penetration within existing clients / Serves as the client's expert on the RGP business model, risk management, client specific value-proposition and business impacts
- Monitors and coaches consultants and account team members on best practices in generating leads, identifying opportunities and leveraging available RGP resources to enhance account penetration
- Fosters cross-functional collaboration to deliver the best of RGP to clients and drive continuous improvement in the services and solutions RGP brings to the marketplace
- Identifies, monitors and manages delivery performance, project risk and new opportunities within assigned accounts in partnership with Talent Management and/or Delivery Management leads
- Executes and delivers against established KPIs and performance metrics
- Executes and supports account planning and forecasting activities, as appropriate, in support of enterprise and regional objectives
- Supports integration of enterprise and cross-functional initiatives across account portfolio, including account planning, forecasting and budgeting, and best practices
- Contributes to RGP's continuous improvement through involvement in account-related case studies, collateral and thought leadership, and the identification of client and market trends relevant for future RGP opportunities and solutions
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited institution
- 8+ years business development experience with Fortune 500 (global) organizations
- Proven success in creating revenue and managing accounts
- Experience selling professional services within large accounts preferred
- Strong capacity for networking and generating lasting business relationships
- Proven experience building an account
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Direct with feedback
- Sense of urgency creating and achieving goals