As the Director, Global Inventory Management - Aftermarket Service Parts (titled internally as a "Manager"), you will lead a team of over 500 staff located at multiple locations around the World, and be accountable to manage:
- Enterprise-wide Caterpillar Aftermarket Service Parts inventory parts planning and deployment
- Availability of parts achieving customer service for Dealers and Customers resulting in support of Caterpillar objectives
- S&OP Planning including detailed supply requirements plans and inventory levels resulting in achievement of targeted and inventory turns
- Development and deployment globally of Parts Inventory Collaboration tools driving stocking recommendations for Dealers specific to their territories
- Delivery of OIA targets for Inventory levels and support of other transformation workstreams requiring Inventory Management support
- Development and implementation of aftermarket Inventory management solutions
- Records accuracy management for Cat Parts and records accuracy and velocity services for other Caterpillar entities
- Development and transformation of long-term service parts distribution strategies and policies with enterprise partners and dealers.
The scope includes all Caterpillar traditional product lines, Expanded Mining, Caterpillar Japan Limited (CJL), and other acquisition parts and integration. Position is accountable to deliver the integration of the Cat & dealer inventory network and manage the joint network inventory and availability performance.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Reporting directly to this position are: Global Parts Inventory Planning Manager; Regional Parts Inventory Managers, Supply Chain Manager 4 and Inventory & Logistics Manager.
The incumbent works with senior leaders across all departments within our Services, Distribution & Digital business segment (SD&D); as well as the strategic business divisions, to deliver inventory solutions for product support strategies. Accountabilities include leading each division to deliver corporate goals for customer parts availability and inventory performance while achieving department financial commitments. Provides leadership for the transition, integration, and transformation of the Expanded Mining product into standard Cat Parts processes.
This position is accountable for:
- Enterprise Alignment for Service Parts Distribution, managing Caterpillar's service parts inventory worldwide and achieving high levels of service parts availability which directly impacts enterprise inventory investment and dealer and end customer satisfaction with Caterpillar product support.
- Dealer Parts Operations support integrating the Cat Parts Inventory Collaboration methodology supporting recommendations to the dealer parts distribution networks. Position holds accountability for development, execution and global deployment of this multi-year year strategy with all dealers worldwide. This includes the execution of forecasting customer demand at the dealerships, inventory planning for dealers, creating recommending stocking plan, and replenishing dealer inventories to the collaborated plan. The accountability for availability and inventory performance at the dealers resides with this position.
- Global Parts Network velocity performance with direct impact on parts availability, cash flow/inventory turns, Transportation costs, and Operations costs.
- Other Transformational initiatives to drive efficiencies through the distribution networks and improve service to our customers including Direct Ship of material, the Parts Distribution S&OP, and the Low Volume Parts strategy.
- Maintaining world-class levels of records accuracy for inventory in the Parts network distributions centers as well as manufacturing operations across the globe as contracted; and providing services as contracted to deliver world-class levels of inbound shipment documentation (ASNs) through the DART process.
- Participating in supply base engineering projects with key suppliers to Parts to improve on time shipment performance, reduced lead times, and lower inventory levels while improving delivery times to customers.
- Business development and global implementation of, and enhancements to, the Service Parts Planning modules of SAP. These include Demand Forecasting and Inventory Planning (DFIP), Distribution Requirements Planning and Procurement (DRPr), Pull / Push Deployment, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Global Available to Promise (GAtP), and Service Analysis.
- Identifying logistics services growth opportunities (such as Reman, Cat work Tools, OEM solutions, SEM, etc.) within the Cat network.
- Working in conjunction with the Worldwide Customer Services and dealer support organization. Working with Caterpillar and dealer team members on inquiries related to parts availability, order fulfillment, backorder escalation, pricing, etc. to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction,
- Managing and executing all Parts related policies and recommending policy changes in line with Cat Parts Transformation initiatives.
- Material availability results including expediting urgent orders, supporting worldwide inventory objectives, and implementing improved processes with suppliers and plants to improve on-time delivery and availability to the customer.
- Integrating the CJL inventory processes, operations, and systems into the Parts Distribution Network.
Through division staff this position has global responsibility for forecasting service parts requirements, inventory planning for each of the 21 global parts distribution centers, placing time-phased replenishment orders on the supply base, and deploying material through the distribution network. Key support responsibilities include executing the planned component repair process with Cat dealers, providing volume forecasts to service parts facility operations and transportation, evaluating and simulating distribution strategies, managing inventory levels during facility startups, execution of bargain list process, and disposing of obsolete material according to the Service Life Policy.
The incumbent and his leadership team are responsible for maintaining and improving the relationship with the Marketing groups in the Distribution Services Divisions, and providing consulting to them and the dealers to improve operations in the field. The team works closely with other business partners in the Machine Business Divisions and Parts Business Teams to develop and implement strategies to achieve enterprise objectives for Percentage of Industry Sales (PINS), Percentage of Parts Sales-Caterpillar (POPS-C), and Operating Cash Flow After Capital Charge (OPACC).
- Requires an advanced college degree in engineering, math or related field
- Extensive supply chain management or parts distribution
- Significant Inventory Management (IM) experience
- Proven experience managing staff and supervisory assignments
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible job-related experience is typically required
- A high level of strategic thinking, strong leadership, and the ability to develop others, excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with senior executives and to persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
The location for this role is Morton (IL). We will provide a relocation package & services to those that are eligible