Are you a driven and independent individual? Do you have healthcare and/or project management experience? Do you expect great results out of yourself and others? If so, we might be a fit. TriWest Healthcare Alliance has been on a Mission to serve our nation's Veterans and their families since 1996. We are an evolving team of professionals that will do "Whatever it Takes" to serve our nation's heroes in partnership with the VA. We are looking for talented individuals with a unique blend of skills to advance our organization through project management.
Responsible for directing, managing and supporting large, complex, cross-functional projects, programs and portfolio initiatives for a an industry-leader supporting the healthcare needs of the nation's Veterans and military members.
The Director will lead the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) which is highly supported by corporate leadership with professional development growth space. The work environment is project management rich, activities are dynamic, fast paced and extremely interesting.
The Director manages cross-functional, enterprise-wide projects, programs and portfolios as well as works with functional departments in a consultative manner to support and monitor/report individual projects. The ePMO applies recognized project management knowledge and skills with the full support of corporate project sponsors. The Director of the ePMO has responsibility for the overall leadership, coordination and management for implementation and sustainment of the office processes and functions.
Defines and maintains standards for project management; provides coaching, teaching, mentoring and oversight leadership; develops and manages compliance with project management standards; and coordinates risk and change communications across stakeholders and project owners. Supervises a highly skilled ePMO staff of program managers and business analysts. Position reports to the Vice President, Planning and Program Management.
- Define and execute the project management process, deliverables and operational cadence in strict accordance with project management standards and best practices.
- Manage and balance ePMO assigned member's workload and assignments; ensure team members understand and accept their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities; ensure consistency of project execution to standards and achievement of project objectives.
- Ensure the continuing education of organizational development of all organizational PM's including appropriate level training and certifications as part of a comprehensive development plan to grow and strengthen project management adherents.
- Responsible for identifying and adjusting key resources and providing the direction required for meeting project objectives.
- Track progress on all ongoing projects (issues, risks, schedule, changes, costs, scope); provide up-dates to supervisors, executives and stakeholders as required.
- Manage project schedules and task details; utilize project management tools and reports appropriately.
- Manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration, Management Information or related field; or equivalent background and experience
- 10+ years of progressive leadership and execution of Project Management Office experience or other similar environment, preferably in health service delivery managing multiple levels of cross-functional projects simultaneously with proven track record of delivery
- High competency use of MS Office applications including Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other modern project management process tools
- SharePoint and Project Web Application Experience
- Demonstrated large project/program deployment and implementation experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Master's Degree in Healthcare or Business related discipline or equivalent background and experience.
- Background/experience/assignment working Veteran's Administration and/or Military Health System