As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. "Brain Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
- Design, build, improve and innovate order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the supply chain network.
- Manage, design and implement medium scope intergrated automation projects with system elements such as high speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines and/or robotic work cells.
- Manage cummulative automation project budgets of less than $150MM.
- Analyze business and operations requirements to generate the supply chain automation concepts, develop and present multiple solution options.
- Lead system commissioning and predefined testing activities including administering the plan, interpreting statuses, and reporting results.
- Manage on site vendors through their leads and escalate as required.
- Identify materials to be handled and determine the throughput and storage requirements.
- Model flow of materials to be handled and determine the throughput and storage requirements.
- Evaluate issues and propose actionable resolutions to design problems.
- Identify and communicate needs for design improvements.
- Identify and evaluate supply chain automation & robotics technologies and solution providers.
- Create detailed capacity throughput, cycle time direct and indirect labor cost models.
- Create process requirement and effiicient material flows for the supply chain facility layout.
- Prepare RFPs, respond to questions, lead reviews, and compare/tabulate bids and make vendor reccomendations based on technical qualifications.
- Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls purchase orders and invoicing.
- Collaborate effectively across all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, internal engineering team, operations and facility teams.
- Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors and subcontractors.
- Lead and coordinate design and executition efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design and site layout.
- Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
- Thoroughly document/investigate change requests and provide reccomendations.
- Identify and lead process improvements/Kaizen initiatives in support of operation teams.
- Develop cross functional knowledge of Start-Up team systems, processes, procedures and tools.
- Education: Masters degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience: 7+ years
- Plan layout and design, material handling, automation, manufacturing, supply chain, or distribution logistics industries.
- Proven multi year project management experience implementing mutli million dollar, complex capital equipment and systems.
- Demonstrate influence and leadership, experience with Six Sigma, Lean operations, Blackbelt certified.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously with high degree of variation and uncertainty.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision with sound decision making capabilities.
- Proficient with standard project planning software applications, Excel, CAD (should be capable of developing an integrated automation layout).