The Director, Client Engagement serves as an agency leader for achieving the client's strategic brand objectives by collaborating with the client and focusing on all facets of strategic growth. He or she must establish and drive all facets of internal working teams to deliver on clients' goals, objectives and overall strategic direction.
The Director, Client Engagement also mines new, organic business opportunities with existing clients, by building relationships across the client's organization, and with key industry partners. This person must be team-oriented and possess excellent problem solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Directors, Client Engagement works closely with Supervisors to foster a culture of growth and development with the team. They regularly demonstrate initiative in all areas of improving the management and growth of all partnerships, demonstrating a sense of ownership and the ability to manage independently.
The Director, Client Engagement must take ownership, drive marketing excellence, innovation, and client intelligence. He/she is responsible for of all areas of client delivery and overall relationship health. Financial responsibilities include review and sign-off of monthly billing and forecasting, client management or escalation of billing as needed. Candidates must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
- Responsible for development of long-term account success and growth.
- Works with Strategy and planning to transform knowledge of client business objectives, internal and competitive opportunities, and customer insights into actionable marketing communications strategies and tactics.
- Leads and manages team on a given book of business.
- Builds and maintain senior level client relationships.
- Provides team with direction and input to ensure business and project goals are met (60%).
- Mining new business opportunities (40%).
- Responsible for development of direct reports
- Exhibits enthusiasm for clients' business and industry. Maintains leading edge of knowledge of clients' business and industry.
- Recognizes and seizes opportunities to contribute to agency new business.
- Regularly informs Group Director, Client Engagement on status of business, including escalation as needed.
- Is able to craft creative briefs and provide clear, persuasive briefings to Creative teams and remain an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
- Understands paid search campaigns, major online media campaigns and emerging media.
- CRM/Direct experience is beneficial.
- Has excellent presentation skills and presentation development skills.
- Has excellent organizational skills.
- Is very comfortable working in an integrated agency environment.
- Financial responsibilities include review and sign-off of monthly billing and forecasting, client management or escalation of billing as needed.
- A familiarity with ecommerce and online advertising is necessary.
- Is able to concurrently lead and grow multiple clients.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field; graduate degree is a plus.
- Six to 10-plus years of experience, which may include large-agency interactive or senior client-side marketing experience.
- Experience with digital marketing and/or managing the design and development of websites; traditional marketing experience is a plus.
- Has deep knowledge and experience with multichannel marketing.
- Has experience managing and growing employees and teams required.