Join the American Family Children's Hospital as a nurse leader if you are seeking a challenging yet rewarding career.
We are seeking a Director, AFCH Surgical Services to:
- Provide the direction and management of the operational, financial and human resource activities of the AFCH Surgical Services Department.
- Assure nursing standards of care are met in all clinical areas of department.
- Manage and direct all activities of Surgical Services, which includes ORs, PACUs, FDS, Ambulatory Surgery, Perfusion and Anesthesia support
Minimum - Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing and Master's Degree in Nursing, Nursing Administration or Business Administration
Minimum - Five (5) years of administrative experience in an Operating Room
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively across UW Health entities and disciplines.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient- and family centered care.
- Broad knowledge of modern health care administration practices and principles within a managed care environment and/or an academic medical center.
- Effective analytical ability in order to develop and analyze options, recommend solutions to and solve complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrated effective managerial and administrative leadership of clinical operations