Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 34,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
- 14-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology
- 90+ Microsoft partner awards
- 17 Gold Competencies
- 3,500 analytics professionals worldwide
- 1,000 data engineers
- Implemented analytics systems for more than 550 clients
- 400 AI practitioners
- 300 cognitive service experts
How We Support You:
We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, hotel and travel discounts, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
As an Azure Data Engineer you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that business partners can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, you will:
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions using strong business insight.
- Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for demonstrating Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
- Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose data to end users using Power BI, Azure API Apps or other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Able to travel approximately 80%
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical/non-technical skills include:
- Demonstrable experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- The ability to apply such methods to take on business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- T-SQL is required.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes.
- Strong collaboration ethic and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a requirement.
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience.