The Analytics practice at Bridge Partners focuses on rapidly and flexibly delivering high quality analytics solutions to clients across a variety of different industries and with tremendous diversity of end products. In addition to our core solutions like propensity modeling, partner ecosystem intelligence, and account-based marketing solutions, we also implement a variety of custom-built models and data science projects to turn our clients' data into actionable insight.
As a data engineer with Bridge Partners, your technical expertise will combine with consulting and stakeholder management skills to drive project implementation. Data Engineers at Bridge:
- Participate in determining project scope, business requirements, and technical requirements
- Work closely with data analysts and data scientists to determine the engineering requirements necessary to support development of business intelligence products, visualizations, and advanced statistical and machine learning models
- Manage and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Cultivate relationships with data experts and gatekeepers in client organizations
- Act as a "data sleuth" to investigate potential additional sources of useful and pertinent data within client organizations
- Connect disparate data sources to centralized data warehouses, lakes, or other intermediate repositories
- Design, build, test and maintain data integration, ETL processes and data management delivery across a variety of business architectures and cloud platforms, including Azure and AWS.
- Wrangle data into appropriate forms necessary for development of visualizations or advanced modeling solutions
- Assess and ensure data quality through validation and normalization
- Document identified data sources, including information about contents, acquisition, provenance, and automation
- Participate in the use of Agile practices to elicit and refine requirements through an iterative process of planning, defining acceptance criteria, prioritizing, developing and delivering enterprise data asset solutions
We especially prize data engineers with secondary skillsets in data visualization, who can implement basic visualizations on Tableau, Power BI, or Shiny.
Required technical skills:
- Expert in database concepts, including normalization, indexing, physical and logical modeling, creation and optimization of SQL queries and performance tuning
- API usage & development
- 2+ Years of experience in at least one major programming language (C, Python, Java, R.
- Broad exposure and flexibility across cloud architectures
- Broad exposure and flexibility across data architectures and implementation environments
- Bachelor's Degree required Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data engineering roles, across ETL development or supporting the deployment of technical solutions in a corporate environment
- At least one BI platform such as Tableau, Shiny, Power BI, or similar products such as Domo, Alteryx, etc
- Sound judgment and decision-making, a problem solving mindset, and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders at a variety of organizational levels
- Applicants with experience in a professional services setting are highly preferred