$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties are expected in this role; however, other duties may be assigned to support a special project, assignment and or contract:
- Updates existing, and develop new policies and procedures to ensure compliance with NIST 800-171 standard, and other data protection requirements.
- Use of network tools to capture packets and analyze traffic from host-to-host and or site-to-site.
- Review of vulnerabilities discovered by the Nessus vulnerability management solution.
- Develops IT architecture deliverables, specific to information security countermeasure implementations, for operational systems and systems under development.
- Assist in providing continuous monitoring support of corporate information systems on premise and cloud-based.
- Participate and Adhere to the Change Control Process.
- Create, update, and maintain standard operating procedures for the network architecture.
- Eight years IT experience with six or more years experience within Network Engineering.
- Requires hands-on experience in designing, drawing, connecting, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining local area networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- Knowledge of FISMA, RMF, NIST 800-171 and NIST 800-53.
- Knowledge and experience with SNORT, WireShark or similar packet capture tools
- Six plus years of experience designing and implementing large LAN/WAN environments using Cisco equipment.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Point-to-Point and MPLS circuits, Ethernet, Spanning Tree, TCP/IP, IP Access Lists, iSCSI, NAT, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- Preferred: CCNP meeting the aforementioned requirements and having experience with two or more of the following: VoIP, Site-to-Site VPN, and Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Nessus security tools that make up Nessus Security Center
Firm working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations.
Minimum education: Vocational or Technical Training
Preferred education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems
Preferred Certifications: CCNA or CCNP, Security+
Valid Through: 2019-11-7