Purpose of Position:
The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for setting up and maintenance of accurate process cost information, reconciliation of standard costs to actual costs, maintenance of perpetual inventory system, participating in the month end close and budgeting process, and assisting the Senior Accounting Manager and Regional Finance Director with day-to-day operations and reporting requirements. This position will be responsible for developing/maintaining an effective cost accounting system to reduce cost and improve overall profitability.
- Process Cost accounting – responsible for the accurate reporting of Cost of Goods Manufactured and Sold using JD Edwards.
- Performs regular cycle counts to correct inventory misstatements.
- Monthly reconciliation and updating of standard costs to actual costs
- Maintenance of a perpetual inventory system within JD Edwards.
- Monthly closing process – schedule and coordinate with outside departments and within the department to meet the 4-day close. This includes planning and leading monthly and quarterly inventory, preparing journal entries, posting, balancing and reconciling subsidiary ledgers.
- Actively participate in the annual budgeting process by providing updated cost information across different product lines.
- Coordination with Del Monte Fresh North America finance department and internal/external auditors
- Reconciliation of inventory balances.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information including actual product costs and standard costs for new products.
- Analyze complex manufacturing processes in coordination with Plant managers to improve decision making.
- Provide account analysis for assigned accounts and other accounts as necessary.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of accounting system.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of cost accounting experience preferably in the manufacturing/produce business.
- 2 years management or supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting principles, systems and procedures.
- Ability to:
- Work under minimal supervision
- Multi-task with parallel deadlines
- Examine and verify financial documents
- Demonstrate good work paper and analytical techniques
- Communicate financial information with department managers
- Promote the mission, vision and values of Mann Packing Company
- Exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports and analysis timely and accurately
- Establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Maintain staff development and cross training
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with computer hardware and software necessary to perform duties (JD Edwards, Excel)